• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Coyote Oil Viscosity in High Temp Climates ?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
So which weight oil did you mean when you just said

USING THE WRONG WEIGHT/VISCOCITY ENGINE OIL CAN DESTROY YOUR ENGNIE.

You need to be more specific when you say we should be using what's in the manual.
The owner's manual indicates which viscosity oil you need to run based on the external temperatures you expect to be operating your vehicle in.

If you're illiterate, I'm not going to read it to you.

Genetic trait or learned behavior? I'm betting it's genetic.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... and I would recommend following Ford's specs to the letter if preserving the warranty is the plan.... Just my 2 cents.
There are smart people like you, and then there are others.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
There are smart people like you, and then there are others.
you want to fill us in on how the wrong oil will destroy our engines? Plenty of people aren't following fords spec...

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Ok, not the one that I saw but I LOVE that color my friend. It also had DV plates as well. We gave each other the thumbs up but we were picking up food orders and didnā€™t get to check the others ride out.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I believe Ford had to meet cafe specs earlier but with better tunes and better head improvements they could go with the heavier viscosity. Just because somone deviates from the recommendation doesn't mean engine damage will happen but when. I switch to 5-30 early 2011 when it was discovered it was for cafe. I don't care about gas mileage only about engine protection. Put what you want as far as oil weight but one must be a risk taker with more money than brains.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genetic trait or learned behavior, @robvas? Inquiring minds want to know.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. As I thought: genetics.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Last edited:

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
A common theme I see throughout this thread is that people assume that Ford Motor Company wants the engine to last 300k miles just like the owner of the car does.

If only that were true....

There are numerous videos on YouTube from certified oil engineers, Tribologists, discussing WHY automakers spec the thinnest viscosity and the longest oil cycle intervals they can get away with and surprise surprise....it has ZERO relation to what will allow the engine to survive the greatest number of total miles. It's all about $$$ in the pockets of the automaker. Did you know they even get credits from the EPA for extending the oil intervals spec'd in the manual? CAFE and EPA credits rule. Making the engine last forever is of no concern to them.

I find it interesting that for YEARS the standard GT spec'd much lighter oil than the track package cars, with the same engine! Hmm.....

Bottom line is if you want your engine to have the best odds of a LONG life, throw the owners manual in the trash. "My last car went 210k miles on 5W20". Ok.... how far would it have gone on 5W40? 350k?

Come on guys, this isn't hard to understand. YOUR interests and the automakers interests are not one in the same.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You say all this stuff but can't actually back any of it up...
I'm sick and tired of your trolling BS mouth. I owe you nothing.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A common theme I see throughout this thread is that people assume that Ford Motor Company wants the engine to last 300k miles just like the owner of the car does.

If only that were true....

There are numerous videos on YouTube from certified oil engineers, Tribologists, discussing WHY automakers spec the thinnest viscosity and the longest oil cycle intervals they can get away with and surprise surprise....it has ZERO relation to what will allow the engine to survive the greatest number of total miles. It's all about $$$ in the pockets of the automaker. Did you know they even get credits from the EPA for extending the oil intervals spec'd in the manual? CAFE and EPA credits rule. Making the engine last forever is of no concern to them.

I find it interesting that for YEARS the standard GT spec'd much lighter oil than the track package cars, with the same engine! Hmm.....

Bottom line is if you want your engine to have the best odds of a LONG life, throw the owners manual in the trash. "My last car went 210k miles on 5W20". Ok.... how far would it have gone on 5W40? 350k?

Come on guys, this isn't hard to understand. YOUR interests and the automakers interests are not one in the same.
I've worked in the automotive manufacturing industry for my entire career. That's a cool story, but it's also mostly a bunch of shit.

No, they aren't designed and manufactured with the predetermined desire to have them destroy themselves so that you buy another one. If that were true, odds are pretty good you'd go buy someone ELSE'S product because the one that just died prematurely was a piece of shit.

That's just plain ass ridiculous.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It's wild all you people sit here an argue about what's best for a stock car when the REAL experts at Ford already did all this for you (With the math & science to back it up).

RTFM
Are these the same experts who decided where to put the oil filter?