• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you guys ever get annoyed with the Dodge 5.7 guys?

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Do you guys ever get annoyed with the Dodge 5.7 guys who always think their truck is fastest in the world?

I live in a rural area where pretty much everyone has a pickup, and the majority of them drive like normal sensible people. Then there’s the kids in his Dodge Ram….

I was heading south on a two lane road when at the top of a hill a Ram runs up behind me and then zips and passes on a double line, cuts in on me with his girlfriend in the truck and rumbles his way down the road. My first thought “jackass”.

Down the road there’s a rail crossing and a train so we sat waiting. Jackass in front of me. When the train finished Jackass takes off standing on his Ram, I figure showing off for the girl.

Now I normally wouldn’t do this but I stayed with him and realizing he was flat out but I wasn’t and no traffic coming I went into the other lane and floored my GT and it actually surprised me I blew right past him when I pulled back in I glanced down at my speedo and I was at really fast (better not say incase police see this) an hour. I’ve never had any vehicle that quick; but the jackass now slowed down and stayed well back and never came close.

I’m now deaf in my right ear as I had my wife with me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I get tested by some of the most ridiculous POS on the road. Only took the bait a few times with no traffic on the interstate, and by a car worth the risk. 1. Challenger R/T 2. Late 90's Vette 3. Some kind of noisy Supra, have no idea what it was, hard to tell in the rear view mirror at a distance.
I really have to restrain myself

OP
OP
FarNorth

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I get tested by some of the most ridiculous POS on the road. Only took the bait a few times with no traffic on the interstate, and by a car worth the risk. 1. Challenger R/T 2. Late 90's Vette 3. Some kind of noisy Supra, have no idea what it was, hard to tell in the rear view mirror at a distance.
I really have to restrain myself
I normally do restraint myself too but this guy really pissed me off.
Up here I really run a risk as if you’re caught 50kms over the speed limit you lose your license and car for a week, a month, or a year depending on how far over the limit you are plus fines in the thousands, so I really try to restraint but at times my temper takes over.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Up here I really run a risk as if you’re caught 50kms over the speed limit you lose your license and car for a week, a month, or a year depending on how far over the limit you are plus fines in the thousands, so I really try to restraint but at times my temper takes over.
I get it... unfortunately in this car, sudden loss of temper and a few seconds can get you into handcuffed and towed territory

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've had several of the Ram trucks, Challengers, and a Bentley recently try to challenge. In every case it was, "really, with all this traffic on the road, you want to race?" And then when they had an open lane in front of them and I have 2 cars in front of me, they want to race. Absolute morons.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I had a 392 try me one day driving home from work. I’m merging on to the freeway and I see him moving a bit. I guess he sees me in his rear view and downshifts!! I’m thinking to myself …. here we go. 🙄🙄🙄. I didn’t do anything but keep my speed (63~ mph) and he’s downshifting again with those loud ass pipes. 😒😒😒. Heavy tint so I can’t see him to thumbs up in hopes that he pulls off so …..

I GAVE HIM THAT WORK and he quickly drifted in to my rear view in no time. Then as I slowed before I get troubled by the Authorities, he blows by after that just to exit at the next chance. Lmao!! It was triple digits so fast that I didn’t realize, and this was in MyMode (Sport Mode with Track Exhaust and Sport Steering). Now when I see a guy trying me, I just wave them off. Was quite fun but this could easily “land” me somewhere I don’t want to be.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I've had several of the Ram trucks, Challengers, and a Bentley recently try to challenge. In every case it was, "really, with all this traffic on the road, you want to race?" And then when they had an open lane in front of them and I have 2 cars in front of me, they want to race. Absolute morons.
YES! I must have a Challenger nest around here at least 6, and always trying to test me in a 25MPH zone, in my town, guess they don't get the concept of don't shit where you eat

kinelisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium (Carbonized Gray Metallic)
I often see Chargers and Challengers speeding and weaving through traffic here in Florida with their loud exhausts. It seems like some young drivers are forgetful about the power of the 400+hp cars they can now afford at 17 yo. They seem to forget that these cars are like 3,000-pound stee-rockets on the road.

R3tro GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium - 2023 F150 XLT Powerboost
In Ontario it is 40kms over and you lose your license and car for 2 weeks

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
Various 5.7 cars and trucks all over where I live. I never get any interaction from them other than a thumbs up which I also return in favor. Same for Vettes, Camaros and the various imports. Maybe it's because I'm an old fart :like::like:

In these parts, the biggest idiots are the Land / Range Rover crowd followed closely by the Tesla drivers who seem to drive like idiots. Probably different depending upon where one lives.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I can confirm, I do get annoyed with myself.
As someone with a 8.3L V10 Viper and a 5.0L Mustang as the daily driver, I find myself looking in the mirror at my reflection wondering why I do so much stupid shit.

WhiteMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
In Atlanta it's always guy in shit box silver Acurcas with bubbled up limo tint or v6 mopars with stick on auto zone "vents" and etsy spiderman/batman graphics all over the place.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
A lot of times I think to myself, "They don't really want to race, they just want ME to race." These people sometimes just want to see you act a fool because of the car you're in. I don't bite. I'm not paying a ticket just for someone else's amusement.

But the last line of OP's post is truth speech.
Sponsored