• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you guys ever get annoyed with the Dodge 5.7 guys?

Ike99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Tacoma Pre Runner, 2016 Avalon
Do you guys ever get annoyed with the Dodge 5.7 guys who always think their truck is fastest in the world?

I live in a rural area where pretty much everyone has a pickup, and the majority of them drive like normal sensible people. Then there’s the kids in his Dodge Ram….

I was heading south on a two lane road when at the top of a hill a Ram runs up behind me and then zips and passes on a double line, cuts in on me with his girlfriend in the truck and rumbles his way down the road. My first thought “jackass”.

Down the road there’s a rail crossing and a train so we sat waiting. Jackass in front of me. When the train finished Jackass takes off standing on his Ram, I figure showing off for the girl.

Now I normally wouldn’t do this but I stayed with him and realizing he was flat out but I wasn’t and no traffic coming I went into the other lane and floored my GT and it actually surprised me I blew right past him when I pulled back in I glanced down at my speedo and I was at really fast (better not say incase police see this) an hour. I’ve never had any vehicle that quick; but the jackass now slowed down and stayed well back and never came close.

I’m now deaf in my right ear as I had my wife with me.
Good for you!.

[Felt good, right? Occasionally when I'm coming to a stop at a traffic light, and I see a any V8 sports car in the next lane, I like to drop a gear on em and give quick glance, lol. 😅]
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I had some dude in a Camaro come up beside me at highway speed trying to get me to go. I really have no interest in these games so I didn't even react. Of course then he floors it as to "prove something" I suppose. I didn't buy this car to race anyone and I don't need the tickets or a wreck. And yeah the pickups are beyond stupid. Better to be loud than fast I suppose?

ecc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang Coupe, 24 Mustang GT, 24 Blazer RS
I was at a light next to a Camaro. My wife said don't do it. And his must have said the same thing because it was the most pedestrian launch ever

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I get tested by some of the most ridiculous POS on the road. Only took the bait a few times with no traffic on the interstate, and by a car worth the risk. 1. Challenger R/T 2. Late 90's Vette 3. Some kind of noisy Supra, have no idea what it was, hard to tell in the rear view mirror at a distance.
I really have to restrain myself
I ignore the taunts. I'm old enough (77) to know I'm not out to impress anyone.
Now that I'm over the 1,000 mile break in period, I will stand on her once in a while just to hear that WONDERFUL sound!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
RAM truck owners have some of the worst driving behaviors.

I see myself as something of a representative of the Mustang brand and motorsports in-general. I don't want to be remembered as one of "those" people.

When I first got the car and occasionally received a challenge, I did find it annoying. After about the third time, I let them believe they "won" by allowing them pull away. I began seeing such episodes as a positive experience.

I didn't hurt anyone else, myself or the car. Didn't get a ticket. Didn't become associated with them. And I let someone drive away, happy in the thought their vehicle was just as fast and capable as my own, to include one old (really old) Volvo SUV and Toyota Tercel. :giggle:

I haven't had anyone cut me off yet. If they did, I'd probably take a turn somewhere or back way off. These days, you don't know 1) what's going through a person's mind, 2) if they are on drugs 3) or drinking.

I do occasionally have people come up from behind and stay on me, really close. I move away from these people soonest.

Last edited:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
The kid next door to me has a Dodge Challenger R/T, he apparently thinks it's makes him god in everybody eyes. Every time he leaves he has to rev it up on the drive and then half way burns rubber down our 35mph residential street every time he leaves. When he parks it back on the drive has to beep his door lock like 7 times to make sure every body hears it, lol. He has no job, no friends, no girlfriend and at almost 50 years old lives with his almost 80 year old parents, lol.

OP
OP
FarNorth

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Now that I'm over the 1,000 mile break in period, I will stand on her once in a while just to hear that WONDERFUL sound!
I’m only a year younger than you but at times don’t but should act my age.

PS: Do you ever get funny looks from people, like what’s that old bugger doing in a Mustang?
Boy I sure do.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I’m only a year younger than you but at times don’t but should act my age.

PS: Do you ever get funny looks from people, like what’s that old bugger doing in a Mustang?
Boy I sure do.
Yup!😁

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Class of '71 sucked! :wink: Says Class of '72. :crackup:

So! Spring of 1972; out cruisin' in my first car ('69 Nova SS 396; L78 solid lifter motor, 4.11 Detroit Locker diff, Muncie 4spd MASSIVE F70 bias ply tires).

My bud from work and I were cruisin, for chicks, and "representing" to "the locals" for our home village. Heading north on the Main Drag; pull up in the inside lane at a stop light.

When..............................."Granny" pulls up next to us in the outside lane in an old rusty Rambler 4 banger. I glance past my bud at granny; who's staring hard right back at me!! :surprised: The Rambler was a manual, because she rapped on the throttle hard about 4 times RRAAPP! RAAPP! RRAAPP! RRAAPP! too!

Well, my ill formed 18 year old ego couldn't let that **** pass, so when the light went green I jumped into the L78 and 4.11s and rolled the tires pretty hard; along with a whole bunch of tire squealing; blowing granny and the roach Rambler away! Take that!

"Unfortunately"..........................I hadn't checked my rear view mirror "prior to departure" and consequently hadn't noticed the cop sitting behind me at the light. NOT good!

The Officer was not amused! :stop:

Lights and siren! And, Granny gave me a "jaunty honk" as she drove by while I was pulling over. :blush:

He didn't give me a ticket but I sure got my *** chewed out six ways from Sunday, and I was summarily ordered out of town for the night on pain of imprisonment if he saw me again.

As you can tell.....................that lesson has stuck with me for quite a while! :crackup:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
Same here!
Love the sound!
And even so, with moderate acceleration like getting on the highway, all 6'1" 195 lbs of me gets pushed back in the seat anyway.
I'm out to have fun, not prove anything.
Everyone has different motives.
Mine is staying alive and ticket free :like::like::like::like::like:

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Do you guys ever get annoyed with the Dodge 5.7 guys who always think their truck is fastest in the world?

I live in a rural area where pretty much everyone has a pickup, and the majority of them drive like normal sensible people. Then there’s the kids in his Dodge Ram….

I was heading south on a two lane road when at the top of a hill a Ram runs up behind me and then zips and passes on a double line, cuts in on me with his girlfriend in the truck and rumbles his way down the road. My first thought “jackass”.

Down the road there’s a rail crossing and a train so we sat waiting. Jackass in front of me. When the train finished Jackass takes off standing on his Ram, I figure showing off for the girl.

Now I normally wouldn’t do this but I stayed with him and realizing he was flat out but I wasn’t and no traffic coming I went into the other lane and floored my GT and it actually surprised me I blew right past him when I pulled back in I glanced down at my speedo and I was at really fast (better not say incase police see this) an hour. I’ve never had any vehicle that quick; but the jackass now slowed down and stayed well back and never came close.

I’m now deaf in my right ear as I had my wife with me.
Funny story, good for you!