• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
The 24S36 Recall has been somewhat lost in this thread. However, I had made an appointment with my dealer for tomorrow (Thursday) as I was close to hitting 1,000 miles and ready for an oil & filter change.
I checked the clutch hose connection against the firewall and it appears solid.
I am ASSUMING that is all this recall is dealing with. Is this CORRECT?
They want me to leave the car with them all day to deal with the recall. I'd rather not. I can wait for the oil & filter change.
Appreciate some guidance here.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
The 24S36 Recall has been somewhat lost in this thread. However, I had made an appointment with my dealer for tomorrow (Thursday) as I was close to hitting 1,000 miles and ready for an oil & filter change.
They want me to leave the car with them all day to deal with the recall. I'd rather not. I can wait for the oil & filter change.
If it's snug and not coming off I think you can wait. I have not even thought about taking mine in. I checked it. It's good. Recall stays open, but whatever. I'll get it voided later. All day for a 5 minute check is ridiculous.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it's snug and not coming off I think you can wait. I have not even thought about taking mine in. I checked it. It's good. Recall stays open, but whatever. I'll get it voided later. All day for a 5 minute check is ridiculous.
Agree on the 5 minute vs. all day. This is why I will push for a quick inspection and decision.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Your the customer. Tell them to get the recall done after the oil change. Your educated on what is exactly involved and your clutch line is OK. Clear the recall after they take a look at it. It seems they want your car all day to just fit in between jobs they make more money on. What BS.

Iceman28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse
I had the dealer do the recall inspection yesterday and there was no issues. I was one of the people that had the info screen randomly staying black on start-up. The dealer installed 2 software patches for APIM and GWM modules, TSB 24-2129. Time will tell if this cures the problem.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
At least they are being upfront regarding inconvenience. Compare car dr to people dr and appointments. If you ‘know’ it’s good it’ll take longer to fill out the paperwork than actual work. If it’s a fail and they don’t have what they need on hand it may take more than a day.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Question for ya! Is the clutch hose made of plastic or not? Thanks!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for ya! Is the clutch hose made of plastic or not? Thanks!
Just returned from my recall service and oil & filter change at 980 miles.
My clutch hydraulic line was properly attached, so nothing was done other than to confirm the attachment to the firewall. I don't know what material is used for the clutch hydraulic line. What I could see is that the line was covered is some heat reflecting (shiny) covering.
BTW: The Dark Horse clutch fire IS what prompted this recall. https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...ns-down-from-stuck-clutch.161034/post-3272414

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
so I just got my car back from the recall inspection, they said everything is fine the techs didn't have to do anything. However, after I got my car back, the transmission feels much better, almost night and day difference. It feels "tighter" when I shift and no more 1st to 2nd shift jerk. I asked my service rep if they did anything, but apparently they didn't. Any idea what happened? I'm not complaining, but I feel like there might've been some issue they noticed and fixed it and for whatever reason aren't telling me.
Sponsored