• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
For the track lol. This car is not a drag car. It's a track car. Scats and hellcats are drag cars. Mustang can do both. But the DH is track heavy oriented.
It appears to be everyone’s favourite buy. I honestly don’t think it’s worth all the extra money for piddling performance beyond the GT 10R80 when I’ll bet the majority of buyers never track it.
Sponsored

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
It appears to be everyone’s favourite buy. I honestly don’t think it’s worth all the extra money for piddling performance beyond the GT 10R80 when I’ll bet the majority of buyers never track it.
Looks to me the 6M DH looses to the A10 GT every time.

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
Looks to me the 6M DH looses to the A10 GT every time.
The A10 is a half second advantage if not more. Nothing about the Dark Horse package changes that.

Neither dodge nor the Camero were able to do any better with a six speed without boosting.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
This is the wrong Dark Horse for the drag strip. The non track pack Dark Horse with auto would be the best for 1/4. That track pack puts too much drag on the Dark horse to be good down the 1/4 mile. The way to go is a non track pack Dark Horse with the auto period, anything else your wasting your time down a 1/4 mile.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
there are stock 6 speed Camaros going 115-116mph

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427506
And the Dark Horse HP has been clocked at 114 by Motortrend and 115 by car and driver with track tires that require it to be between 65 and 72 degrees to hook up (Somewhat joking and somewhat not).

Its a drivers race with any manual Scat, Camera or Mustang. The Scats and Cameros where 50K Cars for the base trims in the last go around and well into the 60s for the upper trim levels. The Nissan Z is a Mid 13 Second car. The Supra is a high 12 second car. You can go M2 for the same price as a DH and knock a couple tenths off if thats what you want. You can spend another 30K and get into the 11s with a Porsche. But for under 100K your NA M6 cars are going to pretty much be mid 12 second cars from the factory.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
And the Dark Horse HP has been clocked at 114 by Motortrend and 115 by car and driver with track tires that require it to be between 65 and 72 degrees to hook up (Somewhat joking and somewhat not).

Its a drivers race with any manual Scat, Camera or Mustang. The Scats and Cameros where 50K Cars for the base trims in the last go around and well into the 60s for the upper trim levels. The Nissan Z is a Mid 13 Second car. The Supra is a high 12 second car. You can go M2 for the same price as a DH and knock a couple tenths off if thats what you want. You can spend another 30K and get into the 11s with a Porsche. But for under 100K your NA M6 cars are going to pretty much be mid 12 second cars from the factory.
A well reasoned and accurate post where you didn't call anyone an idiot. I don't think such posts are allowed! :cwl:

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
The manual Scat Pack cars are not going to trap anywhere near a Camaro

RiksDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Cadillac Escalade Sport.
How embarrassing. I’m surprised Ford put this turd out and it runs what it runs for the money. I’m surprised Steeda would post videos out there like these honestly- a slow car and a guy who can’t drive a stick.
Please tell me your ward salad of a response didn’t include all your grievances and biases without telling me 🙄🙄🙄.
Dude, its a stick freaking shift. Track oriented to being with. All other cars in it’s category (price as well) are all in the 12s
A few adjustments (tires, suspension, etc) and it easily will do 11s. Should I mention some Whipple sauce ?

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
So about the same performance as the 2003 Mustang Cobra factory stock.
But the Terminator is a legend, so not too bad.
And the Terminator did it with 50-100hp less, depending how you measure it, an ancient chassis with an IRS shoehorned in it, antiquated traction control, and the aerodynamics of a u-haul!

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
Should I mention some Whipple sauce ?
Yeah, you bring boost into the mix and its no longer equal. Ford and Whipple have cracked the code. And that's a 13.5K all in dealer upgrade. Hellcats and ZL1s require a 30 to 40K premium over their NA versions.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Drag racing an M6 Dark Horse while fun.....well its just that fun....its not a drag race car.....judging an M6 Dark Horse based on its quarter mile time is like judging it on its towiing capacity......

That being said while not as fast...rowing gears down the strip is fun.... for some dumb reason I took my 350R to an 1/8 mile track for the same dumb reason.... but it was incredibly fun

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
Please tell me your ward salad of a response didn’t include all your grievances and biases without telling me 🙄🙄🙄.
Dude, its a stick freaking shift. Track oriented to being with. All other cars in it’s category (price as well) are all in the 12s
A few adjustments (tires, suspension, etc) and it easily will do 11s. Should I mention some Whipple sauce ?
What is a “ward salad”?
So we are making excuses why it is a turd on the drag strip now?
Show me where these adjustments made a 6M DH go 11s- post the video. I guess a 6M DH needs a Whipple now to beat an A10 GT and other cars of the like.
Dude put the crack pipe down and quit apologizing like last weeks debate.
Sponsored