• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
We did street testing, but it's time for the real thing! We headed up to South Georgia Motorsports Park to see what our 2024 Manual Handling Pack Dark Horse will do at the 1/4 mile! With a time of 12.6 by Motortrend to beat, we've got an uphill battle with the dead heat here in south Georgia. This isn't the end of the stock testing yet, so subscribe for the Dark Horse's next outing!

Sponsored

Last edited:

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
I'll say it again. These Trofeo RS tires suck at anything other than the limited amount of track miles that they would actually provide.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Scott tried to max them out on the backroads, lol :)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Only one run @ 28?

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
How embarrassing. I’m surprised Ford put this turd out and it runs what it runs for the money. I’m surprised Steeda would post videos out there like these honestly- a slow car and a guy who can’t drive a stick.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This makes me think why buy a DH…??
I think lap times are more it’s forte. But this is respectable performance. I think the DH has a lot more in it than these results. Driver/track/ambience, etc. all factor.

some internet sources say it can do a 12.2 in the 1320. But the 12.6 matches with motor trend - who usually doesn’t get the best times.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The Mustangs that you buy from Ford Dealerships are street cars.
You want a drag car, go buy a Mustang Cobra Jet.
You want a road racing car, go buy the Mustang GT3 or GTD.
You want a hot dog, go buy Chicago Style. :rockon:

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
On the Trofeo tire topic, it's interesting to watch Vorshlag's testing of the DH with tires. They "posted a video where (they) measured the "295mm" Yokohama as wider in tread width than the "315mm" Trofeo RS" easy to find on YouTube.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
How embarrassing. I’m surprised Ford put this turd out and it runs what it runs for the money. I’m surprised Steeda would post videos out there like these honestly- a slow car and a guy who can’t drive a stick.
Why would we not post a video like this? It's providing real-world testing and an overview of the Dark Horse - similar video we did on the track. We wanted to showcase what you are able to do on the track and the strip with baseline testing.

Additionally, Scott is pretty well versed in Drag Racing - missing a shift is pretty common, and that's why we sell and promote the Steeda Tri Ax - more precise shifts and better feel so you don't miss the shifts.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Curious if the programming needs to be updated for selected drive mode, ie drag mode temp x fans y type of thing

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
Why would we not post a video like this? It's providing real-world testing and an overview of the Dark Horse - similar video we did on the track. We wanted to showcase what you are able to do on the track and the strip with baseline testing.

Additionally, Scott is pretty well versed in Drag Racing - missing a shift is pretty common, and that's why we sell and promote the Steeda Tri Ax - more precise shifts and better feel so you don't miss the shifts.
It did show real world data that an M6 DH is a toad on the drag strip. Heck my 2024 LT1 that I bought used for half of what a DH cost would DESTROY that M6 DH on the strip.
What I was getting at is for the money it is a huge disappointment from Ford. The outgoing Mach1 was a better performance value.
FYI missing a shift can be common but not being able to hit the gears for half the outing is not.
YMMV
Sponsored